I wonder if I put a few words here?

Assignment 2

The learning objective of this video is to teach a simple piece of work for beginners of chenille stems. Hopefully, it will attract some new hobbyists to the joys of this craft. I think the video format is better for scholars to follow and learn. This is because it is difficult to show each step of the arts and crafts accurately with the illustrations. And the video is a 3D view which can be simple and clear for beginners to follow. I covered Mayer’s Segmenting Principle and I tried to keep the video under 5 minutes. To do this I edited the extra parts and sped up my video. And Mayer’s Coherence Principle has been maintained as much as possible, I have only one focus in my footage. I think these two principles are important for learning content. Because for a manual instruction, if there are other things in the frame, it is easy to distract the viewer, and secondly, if the video is too long, it will be boring and uninteresting.
Shooting this video was challenging, and it was very difficult for me to balance the movement of my hands with the explanation. It was also challenging to express the hand movements. The easiest part was that my logic was very clear when I wrote the script. I simply wrote down sentences and flows to remind me what to say at each stage. It just wasn’t as easy as expected when I started filming. Next time I would like to use ai voice reading as a voice over. I think it would make up for my weakness in expression.

1. jumbomusume

It’s great to hear about your venture into creating a video tutorial for beginners in chenille stem crafting! The choice to go with video makes so much sense, especially for a hands-on craft where seeing the process in 3D can really help newcomers grasp the basics more easily than through pictures alone. Keeping it concise and focused by following Mayer’s Segmenting and Coherence Principles sounds like a smart move to keep viewers engaged without overwhelming them.

It’s fascinating to learn about the challenges you faced, like coordinating your hand movements with your explanations – that sounds tricky but also like a valuable learning experience.