I wonder if I put a few words here?

Module 3

Meaningful learning experiences often begin with engaging stories that capture the audience’s attention and stir their emotions. For example, this story appealed to all senses, including visualization, auditory engagement (through dialogue or narration), and emotional resonance. I have a vivid memory of a class I once took where that professor shared with us what he used to do and some of what he does now. He talked about how he once worked for a newspaper and went to interview a celebrity when he only had a very brief time to make an appointment. He told this story to show us that time is precious. That’s why he didn’t allow tardiness in his classroom. I remember this story very well. The story illustrates the problem, challenge, or concept in a relevant and memorable way that makes the learning experience more impactful.

Among the storytelling techniques highlighted in the article “7 Storytelling Techniques Used by the Most Inspirational TED Speakers,” Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was a standout speaker with her talk titled, “The Danger of a Single Story. “. Adichie’s storytelling techniques included interweaving personal anecdotes with broader social commentary, using vivid imagery and relevant examples to convey her message. She employs techniques of personalization and vulnerability, which helps her connect with her audience on a deeper level.

Other techniques highlighted in the article include using humor, employing suspense, incorporating visuals, and effectively constructing a narrative. Every speaker can use a combination of these techniques to make their presentations more engaging and memorable.

I prefer storytelling techniques that naturally incorporate humor or personal anecdotes into their storytelling because it’s what resonates most quickly and attentively for me as an audience member.

I tried using Twine to write a story and at first I was very confused because I couldn’t connect my paragraphs. Anyway it took some time to dig in and it was still easy. I wrote a small section of the story and realized it wasn’t easy. First of all you need to know exactly where your plot is going and have a clear logical relationship. I was not using interaction to write. But I don’t think it’s really a simple thing to do.

Sure, it’s fun that way if as a learner. I enjoyed when going in for the demo stage. There is the feeling of digging into the story step by step. And, it would be more interesting if it was more detailed and large story content. After all, if you have trouble following it you can always find the passage to connect.

1. hqtim

I very much agree with your point of view. I think it is very important to create suspense in the process of storytelling, and humorous narrative methods can also quickly bring the audience into the story. I also spent some time researching when using Twine, such as the branch lines of the story, and the difficulty I encountered was that the same “[[text]]” would be regarded as the same one even in different story lines. part, and I need to use different words to distinguish them. For example, answers like yes and no can only appear once, and if I want to give answers to yes and no in the next question, I must use something else. Text instead, such as agree or disagree. Twine is a great exercise in logic skills and I think it is a good exercise.

2. jumbomusume

Hearing about how storytelling enhances learning really hits home. That tale about your professor and the value of time perfectly illustrates it. It’s those real-life stories that stick with us the most.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s knack for blending personal stories with bigger issues is genuinely compelling. It shows how stories can make complex ideas feel personal and relatable.

I’m with you on preferring stories that mix in humor or personal anecdotes. They just grab and hold our attention so effectively.

Trying out Twine sounds like a neat but challenging adventure. It’s a bit tricky at first, but getting into the rhythm of storytelling can be quite the rewarding experience. Here’s to the power of a good story to make learning stick!